Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Top Albums of 2009: Honorable Mention Edition

As I said before, it's been a great year in music. This has led not only to a large number of albums on my favorites list but also complicates organizing the list. That said, I think I have settled on my top 30. The albums below are just under that cut. They aren't in a particular order necessarily, and they didn't make the cut for different reasons. Some were nice but didn't wow me as much as the top 30. Some I just recently acquired, so I haven't had enough time to listen to them enough to really get them. So, here they are.

The Avett Brothers – I and Love and You
Venice is Sinking - AZAR
The Crayon Fields – All the Pleasures of the World
Regina Spektor – Far
Andrew Bird – Noble Beast
Maria Taylor – Ladyluck
Dinosaur Jr. – Farm
The Clientele – Bonfires on the Heath
Brendan Benson – My Old, Familiar Friend
Antony and the Johnsons – The Crying Light
Au Revoir Simone – Still Night, Still Light
The Bird and The Bee – Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future
fun. – Aim and Ignite
Headlights – Wildlife
Jonsi & Alex – Riceboy Sleeps
Mono – Hymn to the Immortal World
Metric – Fantasies
The Raveonettes – In And Out Of Control
The Twilight Sad – Forget the Night Ahead
A.C. Newman – Get Guilty

Later this week (hopefully), the proper list.

No comments: